Low Carb Recipes for the Low Carb Lifestyle

Monday, April 9, 2012

Swiss Miss Chocolate Mousse

Swiss Miss Chocolate Mousse

After the first bite, the Hubs said "it tastes like whipped chocolate milk".  I don't know about you but that sounds like a pretty good dessert to me.  I would describe it tasting more like what it is, chocolate whipped cream.  I could have used it a tad sweeter and may try adding a tsp of granular Splenda next time but it's very good the way the original recipe is written.  The Hubs thought the sweetness was fine so maybe I'm just crazy.  It was very good for something that doesn't need cooked and can be made in seconds.  I'll probably make again when I'm needing something sweet in a hurry.

3 STARS
4 servings
3 net carbs per serving

1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 packets of DIET (not sugar free) Swiss Miss Cocoa

Put everything in a deep bowl and beat with a mixer forever and a day until it gets light and fluffy.



6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for making this blog! I have been back and forth with Atkins for quite some time, but after yo-yo dieting it's become quite apparent that this is the 'easiest' of them all. I can't wait to try your fudge and individual cheesecake recipes (dessert is where I'm lacking). How many carbs are you eating per day on average?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elise, Thanks so much for the kudos. Did you read my "About me"? I only ask because I talk about how I yo-yo'd so much before trying low carb, just like you. I'm a heavy dessert person and probably would have jumped off the wagon if I wasn't able to have dessert almost every night. As far as carb counts, I'm pretty casual with it and don't keep track. I just eat low carb foods while making sure I get a decent amount of fat, veggies and water. Best of luck on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This little bowl of greatness is awesome. After doing the low carb thing for a month I needed something sweet. This hit the spot. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked it! It's great for one of those times that you straight NEEEEEEEED some kind of dessert and will shove whatever you can find into your mouth.

      Delete
  4. One way to reduce the mixing time, is to make sure everything is cold. Put your bowl (stainless steel, preferably) and beaters in the freezer for a bit before using, and make sure your cream is very cold, as well. :)

    ReplyDelete