Low Carb Recipes for the Low Carb Lifestyle

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Beef Huevos Rancheros

Beef Huevos Rancheros
This is my first meal in the series of Atkins.com meal suggestions!  As a bit of an experiment I used the Atkins.com Customize-able Meal Planner and have been following it as closely as possible for my meals during the last week.  You can see my entire week of planned Induction meals HERE.

This was good.  Nothing special but certainly edible and different from just plain eggs and bacon.  I thought it was just a bit bland and at least should have some hot sauce or salsa over it to give it an added punch of flavor.  FYI, the original recipe said to serve this over a slice of canadian bacon but I didn't have any so I just made a side of regular bacon.  Also, this was supposed to have fresh chopped cilantro over the top, which probably would have upped the flavor but I only had dried so that's what I used. I've had a bit of an internal debate about whether to give this 3 or 4 stars.  I have decided on 4 as I'm pretty sure I'd make this again, even though I'd certainly add more spices and/or some hot sauce next time.  *INDUCTION FRIENDLY*

4 STARS
4 servings
2.5 net carbs per serving
 
 
 tsp
 tsp
 tsp
 tsp
 tsp
 tsp
 oz
 
 oz
 


The directions for this dish call for scrambled eggs, but you can also serve them fried or poached.
In a greased medium skillet, brown the beef over medium heat.
Stir in chiles, garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper. Cook 5–10 minutes to blend the flavors.
Lay the Canadian bacon slices over the top of the beef mixture to warm. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
In another skillet, scramble eggs until firm. 
Place 1 piece of Canadian bacon on each plate, top with a quarter of the beef mixture and a quarter of the eggs. Sprinkle with cheese and chopped cilantro. 


No comments:

Post a Comment